Are you excited to start your Passivhaus learning but concerned that your mathematical skills may be a bit rusty?
You came to the right place!
The " Master Passivhaus Basics: Designer Pre-Course" is designed to make understanding Passivhaus easier and take the stress out of your learning journey.
It covers the basic concepts and terminology, helping you understand the subject without feeling overwhelmed. Many students worry about their math skills when starting to study Passivhaus, but this course allows you to review and improve your knowledge before embarking on the Certified Passivhaus Designer Course.
You can access course recordings to revise and learn at your own pace.
• The Passive House Concept: Why Passivhaus? – Energy management concepts – The Passivhaus standard
• The 5 components and principles of Passivhaus
• U-Value calculations
• Window calculations
• Airflow and air-quantity calculations
• The Magic Formula. Mastering heat transfer (The SPA advantage)
• Introduction into the economics of Passivhaus and dynamic modelling
• Software tools introduction: PHPP, designPH and bim2PH
• The use of a psychrometric chart
• General mathematical skills
• Gain a basic understanding of the concept of Passivhaus Buildings
• Acquire basic knowledge of Passivhaus terminology
• Become familiar with the main Passivhaus formulas and mathematical concepts
• Revisit mathematical skills involving unit conversions and formulas
• Refresh your knowledge on working with fractions
• Become familiar with SPA’s Passivhaus tools and formula booklet
• Gain familiarity with the 'magic formula' encompassing 80% of Passivhaus calculations
This is a self-paced course and can be undertaken at any time. Recordings will be available in the student’s account.
• Full access to the recordings on the SPA learning platform
• SPA’s Passivhaus tools and formula booklet
• Personalised ‘certification of participation'
This course caters to individuals from various professional backgrounds who are interested in pursuing the Certified Passivhaus Designer course.
It is suitable for architects, building designers, engineers, contractors, builders, policymakers, salespeople, teachers, and anyone involved in building design and planning.
PC, Mac or Laptop, good internet connection (4 Mbps)