This course offers a deep dive into the multifaceted aspects of Passivhaus design with a focus on maximizing the lifespan and optimizing the energy use of buildings.
Through an understanding of sustainable city development, embodied energy, and renewable energy grid systems, you'll gain valuable insights into the foundations of a sustainable future.
Additionally, the course will cover the selection of essential appliances and the role of design, size, and shape in performance and cost efficiency. Whether you're a designer, a trade professional, or a homeowner, this course offers the opportunity to understand and apply the principles of Passivhaus design for maximum benefits.
- Understand the significance of building lifespan and the ability to relocate buildings for sustainability.
- Analyze the role of embodied energy and its long-term impact.
- Comprehend the relationship between the renewable energy grid and Passivhaus design.
- Gain insight into selecting appliances for efficiency and sustainability.
- Explore how design, size, and shape influence a building's performance and costs.
- 1 CPD point available for this course.
This is an on demand course and can be undertaken at any time. CPD points are available for this course.
This course provides exclusively video-based content. No additional reading materials or resources are included.
• This course is aimed at architects, building designers, engineers, contractors, builders, policymakers, salespeople and teachers. i.e. anybody in the building industry seeking CPD points or looking for an Introduction into the Passivhaus topic
• The course is suitable for owner-builders wanting to learn more about Passivhaus.
Participants are required to have an Internet connection capable of supporting live streaming for the optimal course experience.