Step By Step – Designer – MODULE 1:
Opaque Building Envelope
In this comprehensive course, you will delve into the world of energy-efficient construction and design with a strong focus on Passivhaus principles and certification.
Gain a solid understanding of the core concepts that underpin Passivhaus, including health and comfort considerations, and explore how they are integrated into sustainable construction practices.
Learn about the rigorous quality assurance and building certification processes that ensure top-notch performance.
Dive into the intricate details of materials and approaches used to create a highly efficient thermal envelope, ensuring that buildings are not only energy-efficient but also comfortable year-round.
Additionally, you'll explore the critical topics of airtightness, vapour, and weather-control systems, rounding out your knowledge to become a proficient practitioner in the realm of eco-friendly and energy-conscious construction.
Embark on a learning journey that unveils the core of Passive House principles, covering the following topics:
- Overview of Passivhaus principles and certification.
- Health and comfort considerations.
- Quality assurance and building certification.
- Sustainable construction and design.
- Materials and approaches for creating the thermal envelope.
- Airtightness, vapour and weather-control systems.
Start your learning journey immediately.
Gain instant access to all course materials upon enrollment.
Begin today, no waiting, no fixed schedule.
Your path to Passivhaus certification starts now.
Inclusion list of Step By Step – Designer – MODULE 1: Opaque Building Envelope:
This all-inclusive package provides everything you need as a 1st step to becoming a certified Passivhaus professional.
• Immediate full access to the recordings of the Module on the SPA learning hub
• Flipbook access to the training material
• PDFs of all exam-relevant homework, exercises, and summaries of the Module
• PDF of the SPA’s Passivhaus tools and formula booklet for designers
• PDFs of additional reading materials and resources
Who should take this course?
• This PACKAGE is aimed at architects, building designers, engineers, contractors, builders, policymakers, salespeople and teachers. i.e. anybody in building design or engineering seeking Passivhaus certification.
• The course is suitable for owner-builders wanting to learn more about Passivhaus. However, sitting the final exam is not necessary for individuals who do not plan to work in the building sector.
What do you need for this course?
This course is conducted remotely with students participating and accessing study materials via the internet. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they have an adequate data connection. Speeds of 4 MBPS are required for the online course and 16 MBPS are required for the final online exam.
Students need to supply their own PC or Mac computer with web camera and microphone capabilities. Other materials required include a scientific calculator.
It is recommended that students have coloured pens, post-it notes and a notepad at hand.