Step By Step – Designer – MODULE 2:
Build ups, Details and Windows
This course delves into the intricate world of building design and construction with a keen focus on addressing thermal bridging.
Throughout the course, students will gain valuable insights into the art of creating innovative designs and solutions to effectively combat thermal bridging challenges.
The curriculum emphasizes the development of expertise in crafting air-tight and thermally efficient bridge designs, equipping learners with the knowledge and skills to optimize building envelope performance.
Moreover, the course delves into the intricacies of construction detailing and systems, imparting a comprehensive understanding of how to execute thermal-efficient designs in real-world applications.
Additionally, students will gain proficiency in the components and installation of windows, a crucial aspect of energy-efficient building design.
Furthermore, the course explores various systems and strategies for managing shading to enhance energy efficiency and comfort within structures.
By the end of this program, participants will be well-equipped to champion sustainable building practices and implement cutting-edge solutions to mitigate thermal bridging challenges in modern construction projects.
Embark on a learning journey that unveils the core of Passive House principles, covering the following topics:
- Designs and solutions to address thermal bridging.
- Solutions for air tight and thermal bridge design.
- Construction detailing and systems.
- The components and installation of windows.
- Systems and strategies for managing shading.
Start your learning journey immediately.
Gain instant access to all course materials upon enrollment.
Begin today, no waiting, no fixed schedule.
Your path to Passivhaus certification starts now.
Inclusion list of Step By Step – Designer – MODULE 1: Opaque Building Envelope:
This all-inclusive package provides everything you need as a 1st step to becoming a certified Passivhaus professional.
• Immediate full access to the recordings of the Module on the SPA learning hub
• Flipbook access to the training material
• PDFs of all exam-relevant homework, exercises, and summaries of the Module
• PDF of the SPA’s Passivhaus tools and formula booklet for designers
• PDFs of additional reading materials and resources
Who should take this course?
• This PACKAGE is aimed at architects, building designers, engineers, contractors, builders, policymakers, salespeople and teachers. i.e. anybody in building design or engineering seeking Passivhaus certification.
• The course is suitable for owner-builders wanting to learn more about Passivhaus. However, sitting the final exam is not necessary for individuals who do not plan to work in the building sector.
What do you need for this course?
This course is conducted remotely with students participating and accessing study materials via the internet. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they have an adequate data connection. Speeds of 4 MBPS are required for the online course and 16 MBPS are required for the final online exam.
Students need to supply their own PC or Mac computer with web camera and microphone capabilities. Other materials required include a scientific calculator.
It is recommended that students have coloured pens, post-it notes and a notepad at hand.