What can you expect from this course?
Enroll in our Passivhaus Designer Course ONLY, the independent learning option designed for students who prefer studying at their own pace using course recordings. This course is ideal for individuals with ample time, flexibility, and a preference for independent study.
Please note that the exam is not included in this course.
Our teaching modules are divided into 8 mini units, each under 30 minutes, allowing you to complete the Passive House Designer course one 30-minute unit at a time.
This flexible structure accommodates a busy lifestyle, enabling you to balance your daily work commitments with your Passive House learning journey.
Embark on a learning journey that unveils the core of Passive House principles, covering the following topics:
Introduction and principles
• Overview of Passivhaus principles and certification
• Health and comfort considerations
• Quality assurance and building certification
• Sustainable construction and design
• Materials and approaches for creating the thermal envelope
• Airtightness, vapour and weather-control systems
• Designs and solutions to address thermal bridging
• Construction detailing and systems
• The components and installation of windows
• Systems and strategies for managing shading
• Systems and strategies for ventilation and heat-recovery
• The components of heat-recovery ventilation systems
• Design and sizing of heat-recovery ventilation systems
• Techniques and strategies for managing heating and cooling
• The use and optimisation of domestic hot water systems
Application and software
• Economics of Passivhaus design and construction; cost and risk reduction
• Retrofitting of old buildings
• Introduction to PHPP software and the designPH plug-in
This is an on demand course and can be undertaken at any time.
Inclusion list of the Passivhaus Designer Course 3.0 package:
This all-inclusive package provides everything you need to become a certified Passivhaus professional.
- Immediate Full Course Access: Kickstart your learning journey instantly with our comprehensive course material.
- Immediate Course Access: Enjoy extended access to the entire course for 185 days.
- Lifetime Support Group Access: Connect with a community of learners and experts with lifetime access to our private Support Group.
- PHPP 10 Licence: Utilize the essential PHPP 10 software, a key tool for your Passivhaus design journey.
This exclusive material list is specially curated by Smart Plus Academy, designed for your success in becoming a certified Passivhaus professional. With us, you're not just enrolling in a course, but investing in a comprehensive success package.
- Flipbook Training Material: Engage with our interactive flipbook training materials.
- Passivhaus Tools and Formula Booklet: Access our exclusive tools and formula booklet designed for Passivhaus designers.
- Additional Reading Materials: Deepen your understanding with our handpicked reading materials and resources.
- Personalised Certification of Participation: Receive a personalised certificate of participation and assessment for your CPDs, covering 36 hours of formal education, 12 hours of informal, and the assessment result.
• This Course is aimed at architects, building designers, engineers, contractors, builders, policymakers, salespeople and teachers. i.e. anybody in building design or engineering seeking Passivhaus certification.
• The course is suitable for owner-builders wanting to learn more about Passivhaus. However, sitting the final exam is not necessary for individuals who do not plan to work in the building sector.
What do you need for this course?
This course is conducted remotely with students participating and accessing study materials via the internet. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they have an adequate data connection. Speeds of 4 MBPS are required for the online course and 16 MBPS are required for the final online exam.
Students need to supply their own PC or Mac computer with web camera and microphone capabilities. Other materials required include a scientific calculator.
It is recommended that students have coloured pens, post-it notes and a notepad at hand.